Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Cotton's Famous Hamburgers - Lake Charles, LA


Cotton's Famous Burger & Fries

Recently I was traveling through Lake Charles, LA on my way to Houston, TX with my wife, daughter, and some friends. As we approached Lake Charles I realized it was close to lunch time and we began to discuss what to eat. The usual fast food choices such as McDonald’s, Popeye’s, and Burger King were thrown around.

None of these choices interested me. I was in the mood for something a little different. Then it hit me, “If my Daddy is the King of the Grill then that must make me a Princess!” That famously annoying line from a commercial in the 1980’s for Cotton’s Famous Hamburgers was resounding in my mind. My wife had eaten at Cotton’s Famous Hamburgers before and was all for it. The others were easy to convince as we began to tell them how great the burgers were at Cotton’s Famous Hamburgers.

It was around 12:30 PM on Saturday when we exited the Interstate to go to Cotton’s Famous Hamburgers.  I was a little concerned that we might not be able to find any parking. The last time I had tried to go on a weekday the parking lot was overflowing and I was unable to find a slot. I was disappointed on that day as I had to find somewhere else to eat. This was not the case for this trip as the parking lot was only ¾ full.

We went into Cotton’s Famous Hamburgers and had to wait in a short line. The cashier was friendly and I easily started up a little banter between us. I ordered a Bacon Cheeseburger with French Fries and Fresh Squeezed Lemonade. My wife ordered the same with a Dr. Pepper and my daughter ordered a Shrimp Burger, French Fries, and a Sprite. 

We sat ourselves at a table and within ten minutes my name was called out and I went and got our food. All of the food was hot and fresh. My first bite of my burger was great. The fresh beef flavor of a “real” burger was fabulous. The fries were good and the lemonade was awesome. My wife and daughter both said their food was great. May daughter especially liked the Shrimp Burger. 

If you are ever in Lake Charles, be sure to make a trip to Cotton’s Famous Hamburgers and try out there famous hamburgers. The prices are reasonable; the service is fast and friendly, and the food excellent. 

Cotton’s Famous Hamburgers is located at 2001 Oak Park Blvd., Lake Charles, LA 70601. Their phone number is 337-477-9759.  You can find them on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cottens-Famous-Hamburgers/160547449980 and remember “If my Daddy is the King of the Grill then that must make me a Princess!”

No comments:

Post a Comment