Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

Clydesdale Horses

Family posing with a Clydesdale!
Budweiser Truck - Photo by Vinson Mouser
The Budweiser Clydesdale Horses are in Alexandria, LA for the Mardi Gras Parade on Sunday and leading up to the parade they are on display at the Rapides Coliseum. There is no charge to see them.

When we arrived at the coliseum I was happy to learn the Clydesdale Horses were inside. When we entered the coliseum I noticed they had several Budweiser displays. 


One area display was a TV which was featuring all of the Clydesdale Budweiser commercials. Two other displays were of the old Budweiser Horse Wagon and an Old Budweiser truck, both in mint condition. Of course the Clydesdale Horses were on display as well as the Budweiser Dalmatian.



The horses were all in stalls with a rope barricade separating you from the stalls. Each of the horses names were displayed above their stall. The Dalmatian was also in his stall.

We were fortunate because we were allowed to watch two different groomers. One of the groomers we watched was vacuuming one of the Clydesdale Horses. Another groomer was washing and brushing the legs of a Clydesdale Horse.

 Two of the horses were walked past us and it was interesting to hear their hooves clump and echo throughout the coliseum. Seeing them walk by I realized these horses are truly big animals. Somehow though, they did not seem as big as in my childhood memory.


 As I mentioned earlier I remember the first time I saw these remarkable animals and I’m sure my children will remember this visit as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment